You can join Drama Club anytime!
DRAMA CLUB MEETINGS
WHO: For all interested Roosevelt HS
WHEN: Thespian Thursday at LUNCH
WHERE: Black Box Theatre, Room 009
WHY: Come find out about...
- How to join drama club and get involved in club activities!
- How to earn membership into International Thespian Society!
- How to accrue hours toward your Thespian membership!
- What the benefits are of being an official Thespian vs. Drama Club!
- Upcoming events, productions, community service, and field trips!
- MARCH and Theatre In Our Schools Month (TIOS)!
- Help learn how you can participate in leading TIOS activities!
- And MORE!
Fun Social Events
Drama Club members participate in a wide variety of community service and social events, like the annual St. Johns Parade.
We raise funds to sustain our theatre department's classes, programs, drama club/Thespian Troupe events, and productions. We use all specified funds for this purpose. Funds have been used to assist many theatre students attend and participate in Thespian events on scholarship. Lack of funds are NEVER a barrier to student participation in theatre events and activities.
Thank you for supporting Roosevelt HS's Theatre Dept. where educational theatre builds character!
List of events and approximate costs (not inclusive of transportation/food):
Productions = $100 per person
Instant Theatre Festival = $10 (Thespian) or $12 (Non-Thespian) per person
Regionals = $10 (Thespian) or $12 (Non-Thespian) per person per entry
State = ~$260-$270
Festival = ~$2000
Examples of fundraisers:
Photos with characters
RHS Dept. T-Shirts
(*through Peninsula Optimist Club)